MAS Upcoming Exhibitions at the Malaspina Exhibition Centre
Vancouver Island University 7085 Nootka St #100, Powell River, BC
Open weekly Mon-Fri 8am-6pm
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO COVID-19, VIU CLOSURE HAS CAUSED SOME CHANGES IN THE EXHIBITION SCHEDULE. PLEASE REVISIT THIS PAGE OR VISIT OUR HOMEPAGE FOR UPDATED DATES.
Show openings/receptions generally happen on Thursday evenings 7-9pm every month except for group and extended exhibitions during Christmas and summer.
- ON NOW FEBRUARY 13- MAY, 2020: Nina Mussellam: Explorations in Fiber Arts
- POSTPONED TO MAY (opening TBD), 2020 Itch Meet Scratch- Recent textural works by Rabideye
- Postponed: Amy Price “Re-set”- A collection of acrylic paintings and mixed media pieces reflecting a Woman’s mid-life journey back to self.
- JUNE 4 – SEPTEMBER 15, 2020 Intertidal Impressions: Exploring the space between land & sea through various media- The Malaspina Art Society’s Summer Group Show features qathet region artists exploring the changing sights, sounds, smells, motion, textures, plants and creatures of our northwest intertidal zones: the area of the marine shoreline that is exposed to air at low tide, and covered with seawater when the tide is high; its dynamic nature serving as a metaphor for resilience and adaptation.
- SEPTEMBER 17-OCTOBER 19, 2020: The Brain Injury Society: The Creative Expressions Brain Art Studio. Title TBA
- OCTOBER 22-NOVEMBER 23, 2020: Mycelium Rising (team show on Mushrooms and mycelium as material, as represented, and as metaphor for social-political change- contact Giovanni@rabideye.com if you would like to participate – any medium)
- NOVEMBER 26, 2020-JANUARY 11, 2021: MAS Group Show (Theme TBA)