PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO COVID-19, VIU CLOSURES AND RESTRICTIONS ON EVENTS HAVE CAUSED SOME CHANGES IN THE EXHIBITION SCHEDULE. PLEASE REVISIT THIS PAGE OR VISIT OUR HOMEPAGE FOR UPDATED DATES. Please take care and be well.
- ON NOW FEBRUARY 13- MAY, 2020: Nina Mussellam: Explorations in Fiber Arts
- POSTPONED TO MAY (opening TBD), 2020 Itch Meet Scratch- Recent textural works by Rabideye
- Postponed: Amy Price “Re-set”- A collection of acrylic paintings and mixed media pieces reflecting a Woman’s mid-life journey back to self.
- CALL FOR ARTISTS! JUNE 4 – SEPTEMBER 15, 2020 Intertidal Impressions: Exploring the space between land & sea through various media- The Malaspina Art Society’s Summer Group Show features qathet region artists exploring the changing sights, sounds, smells, motion, textures, plants and creatures of our northwest intertidal zones: the area of the marine shoreline that is exposed to air at low tide, and covered with seawater when the tide is high; its dynamic nature serving as a metaphor for resilience and adaptation.
- SEPTEMBER 17-OCTOBER 19, 2020: The Brain Injury Society: The Creative Expressions Brain Art Studio. Title TBA
- OCTOBER 22-NOVEMBER 23, 2020: Mycelium Rising (team show on Mushrooms and mycelium as material, as represented, and as metaphor for social-political change- contact Giovanni@rabideye.com if you would like to participate – any medium)
- NOVEMBER 26, 2020-JANUARY 11, 2021: MAS Group Show (Theme TBA)
MAS Upcoming Exhibitions at the Malaspina Exhibition Centre
Vancouver Island University 7085 Nootka St #100, Powell River, BC
Open weekly Mon-Fri 8am-6pm
Show openings/receptions generally happen on Thursday evenings 7-9pm every month except for group and extended exhibitions during Christmas and summer.