Unfortunately it is very difficult to find a time to hold a replacement meeting for the whole Board and members, so I have decided that breaking the agenda items into specific tasks so that meetings can be held for those folks who wish to direct their energies would probably be more efficient.
The following are business arising issues and on our agenda for action:
- Studio Tour – call to artists will be sent out late February. As several events are in transition this year, including the Studio Tour an executive decision was made to keep everything as status quo. If you wish to be involved please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your name added to the committee.
- Workshops – Stay turned… exciting news is coming regarding a nationally acclaimed artist visiting Powell River. We are awaiting a BC Arts Council decision mid February as to how large this event will be!
- Journals – Making and Using. Also Board member Sandra Lopez is interested in journals… Anyone who is interested in either leading or participating in a workshop creating and using journals is asked to email us at email@example.com
- En Plein Air. Many of you are interested in getting together to paint en plein air. We will host a information get together in early March to decide on days of the week and meeting spots and best ways of communicating!
- Life Drawing. Continuing -Thursday evenings at the Art Centre. $10. 6:30 pm start
- Artrageous Saturdays. Continuing – Saturdays 11 am for families
- Have an idea for a workshop? let us know….firstname.lastname@example.org
- AGM meeting date TBA
Call to Artists: From the eCouture Wearable Art Fashion Show organizers
The 5th annual eCouture Wearable Art Fashion Show – 2019 is coming up fast, May 4th! Mark your calendars and spread the word!!Visit their website for more information and to Download their Call to Artists and our hand bill for sharing with Family and Friends. Submissions Forms will be available online and locally at Fibre Space, eunoia fibre studio & gallery or contact us to send directly to you.Special Note: we have a new Category # 6 – Climate Action Fashion!! Let us see what you’ve got!As we did last year, we will be planning a series of info sessions for those who have questions about the submission process, or need a hand with the technology of submitting. Dates to be announced, along with details for pre-show events as we ramp up to the best eCouture Fashion Show yet!Let us know if you have any questions! We can’t wait to see what your creative energies will design this year!Please share with those who you know would want to know!Deadline for submissions… March 15, 2019; visit https://ecouturefashionshow.com/