Address: 4801 Joyce Avenue (Crossroads Village Shopping Centre)- Suite 215 at the end of the hall on the second floor. Take elevator beside retail stores (Beltone and Florist) to top floor…follow signs. Come and check out the future new space! Please note the Centre is located in a construction zone… so we ask that you RSVP by replying to email@example.com so that we ensure that we have sufficient seating for the evening’s meeting.
- Opening Thursday May 4th, 7-9PM: New works by Giovanni Spezzacatena “People Talking Indistinctly” at VIU info: www.rabideye.com
- Call for Artists for the 2017 Powell River Studio Tour –Now operating under the umbrella of MAS. Open to all artists and artisans, the Powell River Studio Tour will be on the week-end of August 26th and 27th, 2017. Information and registration is available at http://www.powellriverartists.com . Deadline to apply is May 15, 2017. Application forms are also available at Artique.
- Figure Drawing Classes: Life drawing starts up again at the Academy of Music Art Room. Tuesdays, 6:30 – 8:30PM. Drop in. $10 for the model and the space.
- Call for artists (external): The Rotary Club of Powell River is excited about hosting another art auction/wine tasting event in 2017. It will be held at the Beach Gardens Resort on May 27. This year they are raising money for a very worthy cause – Grace House. You may participate this year with a piece of your original art work. As in previous years, they are not asking for a donation, but are giving you the opportunity to sell you work at a very high end fundraising gala. All local artists are invited. Jill Ehgoetz 604-485-5332
- (External Event) Call for Artists for the Powell River Art Chair Auction
The Friends of the Library and Sunshine Gogos (on behalf of The Stephen Lewis Foundation) are organizing the first fabulous Art Chair Auction in Powell River this August 2017. They have 60 chairs in total. They have been sanded, received 2 coats of primer and are ready to be transformed into works of art! We would love to hear from members of the art community in Powell River. We are showcasing the 60 chairs at the pop up library above the site of the new library and will be inviting artists to choose the chair they will turn into their art chair. For further information and to add your name to the growing list of artists involved in this project, please contact either Brownie at firstname.lastname@example.org ( 414-0826) or Maureen at email@example.com (485-6202). To view some of the amazing art chairs go on line and check out Hornby Island Chair Auction.
Header image by Ursula Medley