- The Next meeting of MAS is Thursday, October 4th at 6 pm at the Powell River campus of Vancouver Island University 7085 Nootka St #100, Powell River, BC
– Room to be announced.
- On display now: Selections from the MAS Permanent Collection on display at MAS Gallery – September 2016
- Upcoming show: MAS Group Exhibition “Women and Water” Invitation to artists to submit a piece. These need to be submitted along with dimensions and medium by October 24. All pieces must be able to be hung. Members of MAS only, please. More details to follow.
Shary Bartlett’s Workshop is Now Full- Two scholarships to be announced soon. October 29-3
Caitlin Ffrench – Fibre Artist Workshop – Eco-dying and Clothing Security Presentation coming up November 5-6 – more details here.
Laurie Steffler – Fibre Artist Workshop – Seamless Garment Construction – Felting – March 3-5 2017 more details to be posted soon.
Hildegard Westercamp – Composer, radio artist and sound ecologist. She will be presenting a soundscape workshop and lecture – Spring of 2017. more details to be posted soon.
Malaspina Artists/Powell River Art Ambassadors are planning their second trip to Roberts Creek for the Sunshine Coast Art Crawl Oct 20-23. Last year we had over 1000 visitors at our venue. If you would like to participate please contact Ursula email@example.com
Stretcher Bar/Art Canvas Construction workshop that will be offered by VIU, Instructor Gary Huculak: November 19th or November 26th, 2016
If you are interested in this workshop please reply to this message at firstname.lastname@example.org with your date preference. Please respond no later than Monday morning, September 19th. thank you!
Registration @ VIU Continuing Studies will begin once there has been a date selected.
The workshop will consist of one 4-hour session that will include:
- Cutting stretcher parts (measuring and use of power miter saw)
- Assembly of stretcher (pneumatic brad nailer use and how to square the frame)
- Stretch and secure raw canvass and learn two corner details.
- Cost: $54 +GST + cost of materials
- Maximum 12 people per session
Proposed size of stretcher: 24in X 24in X 2in (61mm x 61 mm x 5mm)
The instructor will order and purchase all the materials in order to keep the stretcher frames consistent. A materials fee of $35 (cash) must be paid to the instructor on the day of class.
Note(s): Student will be required to wear steel-toed boots and safety glasses (hearing protectors are recommended).
Header image by Amber Friedman